Tour of the family

We've been driving around a lot this weekend to visit family. We've also seen some relatives that we had not seen in ages. It felt good to reconnect, even though just briefly.

Our first stop was at my parents where I helped a bit with the to do list, as my mom was preparing a few days away to get a much-needed break as care-giver. So there was a lot to arrange.  The children helped to distract and relax all of us.









Afterwards we visited my dad's oldest sister whom I had not visited since a long time. Shame on me. She's a strong lady who has endured a lot already in her high age. She has lost her husband, my godfather,   she has lost her eyesight because of Glaucoma,  she has lost her leg due to secondary skin cancer,  she has lost her daughter and her daughter-in-law in recent years, ... Yet she's always been bright and upbeat although recent years it's getting harder.  It's not easy reaching a high age. 




While driving around , we also made a quick stop to say hi at my parents-in-law.





Today we went to a baby party to welcome Jan's cousin's new baby daughter.







Comments

Popular Posts