Little arms and little legs and some cheeks

Your little body is crawled up
with your bump high up in the air. 
As soon as I pull off your warm duvet and rub your back
 you jump up with a sleepy head
with little arms up in the air. 
 I fish you high up on my arm. 
Your little arms cling around my neck
and your cheeks snooze another moment against mine
while I carry you downstairs to the bathroom.

---------------------------------

4 small legs are visible under the big table when I enter the living room.  
I hear giggling and a hush "silent now"
and yet some more silent giggling. 
I pretend to be busy getting food out of the fridge 
while I wait the big 
BOOOO , we are HERE! 

---------------------------------

The first freezing morning makes me fetch the new warmer coats
4 arms fight to get out in the still over-sized shield
4 little legs look tiny underneath the Michelin boys. 

---------------------------------

2 legs stop right in front of mine, blocking my passage
2 arms reach up, dictating me to carry
2 gorgeous cheeks are close to my face,
inviting me to send a lot of kisses
that trigger a smiling grin behind the pacifier.
Next to us 2 legs jump up and down 
each doorstep that we pass on our way to school
while the voice is never silent

Comments

Popular Posts