A busy Sunday with a rewarding spring feeling

I must admit that I was very disappointed to cancel once again our plans to leave for the Ardennes this weekend.  Kabouter had been suffering 2 nights from a stomac virus that kept us awake and kept the laundry turning.  But fortunately those virusses tend to leave rather quickly so he seemed on Sunday good enough to go for a walk in the first spring sun. 

I must also admit that I am longing for another real winter dip: frost and snow for another 2 weeks would be ideal. But... that first sunshine and warmth was glorious too.

Instead of going to the weekly Sunday market we headed to the Kruidtuin to enjoy the purple crocusses.  They were spectacular!  But also the rest of the walk was great. 








We rewarded the children and ourselves for their brave walking with a coffee/ smoothie/ hot chocolate.  We enjoyed some relax social time while the children raced outside with other neighbourhood children on the traffic free square. City life at its best :).




In the afternoon we got some text messages and learned that several of the childrens' classmates were hanging out on the renewed nearby playground. With the first new weather, half of the school seemed to be there. We joined with the boys after our late lunch. 









I returned a bit early to profit from the occasion to finally clean up the fall leaves that I never managed to clean up before the first rain and frost.  I bagged 7 bags of leaves and cleaned-up our tiny garden after which I put the returned children on some child labour duty :p.  I cleaned windows until it was dark and dinner was ready but at least we'll see the sunshine the next days without dust filter.

What a day well-spent!! 






Comments

Popular Posts