Playtime to treasure
Since we try to go to the east of Belgium 2 weekends a month, we have some toys there as well. The favourite toys of the children - mostly branded things related to films and series on tv such as Paw Patrol, PJ masks, Cars, ... stay in Leuven where they play constantly superheroes on a mission to catch thieves and rescue people. Alternatively they ride trains, cars, fly planes etc...
When they make up wish lists, they are heavily influenced by commercials and brands but we try to sneek in more down-to-earth traditional games or role-playing toys. The latter often end up in the Ardennes. The children do look forward to return to the Ardennes to play with their little attic shop or their wooden railset or other things. These things get extra value since they don't get to play with them all the time,
When I am in the Ardennes, I have less household chores and I often feel more relaxed and we spend more 'daytime' time together there. As a result I can often enjoy playing with them or observe them trying out the traditional games that I also played as a child. It's so precious.
Comments