Count your blessings - August 2019


Before 24/08
  1. A weekend where our cars didn't move a mm
  2. Catching up with a friend that I don't see enough 
  3. Noticing at 8.10 on the garbage calendar that there is a branches pick-up... rushing outside to bundle up quickly that pile of annoying branches that the summer storms dropped in our garden and that are taking up annoying space...and put them outside to see the garbage van come and take them away at 8.30.  Woohoo, just in time.
  4. Neighborhood restaurants that open again after vacation time
  5. The return of warmth after some really crappy weekends
  6. Weekend time spent with friends
  7. Getting those bangs cut after they had been bothering me for over a month. What a relief.
  8. Kabouter who gets a first sleep-over with his grandmother


After 24/08
  1. Countless messages of support
  2. Sweet memories and stories that resurface 
  3. Hugs
  4. Many moments of silence
  5. Observing my dad's relaxed face with relaxed muscles...which we haven't seen in the last decade with Parkinson's disease.
  6. Listening to choir recordings of Puccini where my father and mom sing along 
  7. Allowing myself to cry
  8. Finding words to write down some texts for the funeral. Finding the strength to read one during the service.
  9. Many people that came to his service to say goodbye together with us


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts