Chocolate museum in Bruges

A year ago the children wanted to visit the Belgian fries museum in Bruges and the chocolate museum.  Go to the Chocolate museum, I told them since I don't like chocolate so it seemed the best choice to do without me.  They went to the fries museum.

So previous Friday the children wanted to go to the Chocolate Museum.  Ugh.  I don't eat chocolate and I hate the smell of it. I wanted to propose that I would settle somewhere in a nearby tea-room for an hour.  I feared to go to a tacky tourist trap

But I joined and it wasn't that bad at all.  Much to my relief I wasn't walking in the smell of chocolate constantly but we walked into different chambers that discussed the cacoa plant and harvest, the Aztecs and Maya culture etc...up to some rooms that discussed the history of the Belgian praline and some well-known Belgian chocolate firms. 

The children could search some stickers and at their level there were regularly lego scenes on the given topic. 










At the end of the tour you can go and see a demonstration of praline making. Yes it smelled badly there so I stayed in the nearby room where there was a fun exposition of chocolate sculptures made by well-known chocolatiers. I liked this most of the museum. 







Comments

Popular Posts