Snoozing in the garden

Silence
There is nobody around
The sun shines for me alone
I let myself sink in a state between consciousness and sleep

I hear the buzzing of bees that visit the clover flowers in the grass
I see them hopping from flower to flower
while I keep my eyes fixated on the grass, 
there is an amazing level of activity happening: 
there's ants and other insects crawling by.
I search the criket I hear and let my eyes rest where I try to locate the sound.
After only a long time I finally see the brown hopper in the grass before it jumps off again.

Sounds of the neighourhood sink to background:
voices from some gardens further
a turning concrete mixer
the splash of a pool somewhere
a little plane buzzes by in the sky.
This is summer. 

The neighbour's cat comes by. 
I manage to gain her trust to let her approach
she starts to pur loudly and sniffles to get to know me
Then she's off to other adventures again
And I'm alone in silence again. 


Comments

Popular Posts