We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : I touch myself by Scala and Kolacny Brothers

 

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 


Finally Anne chose something I knew (although the title alone didn't ring a bell).  I had been wondering if we lived in 2 seperate music worlds.  But Lippy Kids, yes as soon as it started I knew it.  And I like it :). 

Anne had chosen the pandemic version where Elbow recorded the song each in their own house with the support of a choir.  And that triggered my ideas. 

The end whistle sent me to Hilversum 3 by Herman Van Veen.  But Anne had already based her association on the whistling.  Bummer, because Hilversum 3 is always a nice soong to listen too. 

Pop songs with choral support were eg

  • Fuck  you - Ceelo Green
  • Somebody to love - Queen
  • Losing my Way - Justin Timberlake


But when thinking of choir, I ended up searching for Scala.  One of their songs that I prefer from the original is I touch myself.  And guess what...it is relaunched with a pandemic lockdown version.  So good match after Lippy Kids. 


Comments

Anne said…
Schoontje! En een heel gepaste opvolger inderdaad!
En wat mij betreft het beste van alle nummers die je opnoemt :-)

Popular Posts