Karcher Window Vac

In our little vacation house in France this summer I was in awe with the clear windows. Our first days there were moments I was in doubt whether the sliding door was open or closed.  That didn't last long however with the little monkeys in the house that put their hands on anything (and in a summer period are full with sun screen etc.) . So I stressed about the duty to deliver the house back to the owners in the state as we had received it.  How on earth would I get those windows clean again.

Then Jan discovered a steam machine in the cupboards so I decided to check it out.  Could I steam them clean...I discovered it held a little container which I fell with clean water.  I plugged it in so the water could heat up.   But it never did much.  Until I started googling, realizing this is a vacuum, sucking up the dirty water from the window. Ugh, no steamer, the way to start is with an empty container.  Silly me.

And so I tested and I managed in my opinion to leave quite clean windows behind again without much shame. 

Back at home,  I started to wonder whether I wanted this gadget. Let's be clear, it is a gadget. Everyone can clean the windows without it.  It's a nice to have, not a must have and I wondered if it was worth the money.  I cleaned the windows manually in the Ardennes, monitoring the time it took, the result but also my motivation.  


And then I decided to buy one anyhow. Since then I have a very enthousiastic assistent who takes care of the little spray with detergent.  What's my findings : 

- it doesn't clean perfectly. The edges can be an issue so I don't wash completely stripeless

- it cleans better though than when I do it manually

- it is faster

- I find it more fun and as a result I wash my windows a bit more frequently (ha the latter was no challenge).

So in the end I have more frequently cleaner (but no perfect) windows. 











Comments

Els said…
good to know, thnx for the review

Popular Posts