We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor : Absynthe Minded - My Heroics part I

 

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 

Well Anne sure threw me out of my cosy winter mood by posting Soul Jacker Part I van Eels. What a harsh text.  I'd rather leave that quickly behind before we enter the Christmas week.

The "Part I" in the title, immediately suggested this Belgian classic to me.   A translation of a Hugo Claus poem brought by a talented band of Ghent. I love it. 


Comments

Anne said…
Wat ik me nu wel al de hele tijd afvraag.
Eels, past die dan niet in je jaren 90 muziekperiode?
Festivals, en zo?
Goofball said…
@Anne: hmm nee jaren 90 was voor mij radio Donna en folk muziek :p. Later pas via Studio Brussel meer alternatieve classics ontdekt.

Popular Posts