We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Dave Murray - One Night in Bangkok

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

The Kinks with Stop your stopping is part of the soundtrack of the Queen's Gambit. This is currently a major hit on Netflix. Anne recommended it to me on Tuesday, but I haven't watched it yet. I do know it's about a chess genius talent. 

And when I have to think of music and chess... I think of the musical Chess written by Björn from ABBA and this has this wonderful track on it.  It's a theatrical song that I absolutely adore. I must direct it with my arms when listening.  The musical intermezzo's are just brilliant. You must repeat those at least 10 times and pinpoint to all instruments buzzing by.   This is a song to get lost in.  Brilliant. (less the singing though)



Comments

Great reading your bblog

Popular Posts