What I'm watching on tv this winter

I'm still a fairly traditional tv watcher.  Each night when the children are put in bed, I return downstairs for finally a moment of peace and quiet and usually I watch Thuis (with delay) and whatever is on afterwards on Eén.   And then it's time for bed already.  But also in the weekend I enjoy my part of the evenings in front of the tv screen for some traditional programmed tv.

So what do I enjoy: 

  • Thuis
My guilty pleasure since decades. 

  • Beau Séjour / Blackout
Sunday nights are traditionally strong tv nights with Belgian quality series. In the previous months I enjoyed Black-out and currently I am watching Beau Séjour which is very strong as well.  Thrilling stories with plot twists and who done it questions. 
  • Blind Getrouwd
I've also watched previous years . I am not so much into it this year yet, but you always need to get to know the couples a bit but then curiosity takes over and I float along with the ups and downs of the couples.  I try to watch with empathy and knowledge that there's always so much more to the story than what we see on the screen so I stay away of all opinions online that ridicule the candidates. 
  • Het Hoge Noorden
No I don't like Annemie Struyf's voice and I also find she often sticks to the same type of questions over and over again. But I do enjoy to get to know the people portrayed more as they are visited multiple times over 2 years. I did so when she went to Spain but the combination with the Norwegian landscapes and lifestyle is so much more interesting. 
  • The Voice of Liefde voor muziek sometimes
I don't tend to watch big shows and in general I've never been much of a VTM watcher.  But lately I find myself to switch now and then when I find nothing else interesting (or it is interesting but takes too much brain power in the evening to watch) and I discover that these aren't very bad programs at all.  Good to just sit and stare a bit before bedtime. 
  • Lewis
We used to watch all Fridays the traditional British crimi that Een broadcasts since years: Midsomer Murder's, Lewis, ... you name it.  However there's been some obscure ones I din't enjoy much and lately I've found myself too tired to watch and concentrate on Friday evening.   The last Fridays however I've enjoyed Lewis and the Oxford scenery. 

Comments

Popular Posts