We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Vanessa Paradis en M - La Seine

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.


Ha Anne really gave me joy with her choice last week.  Rheingold....not something I would ever have come up with myself as I don't know this music very consciously. But it is part of my childhood and it brought up fun nostalgia. Promptly I dove into more German pop of the 80ies. I never realised there was so much good stuff...why don't we hear more often of German music anymore?   And why why, isn't SEEED more popular in Belgium. Mysteries. 


For the next song I explored a lot of colors in music  : 

  • Edith piaf - la vie en rose
  • Pink
  •  Axelle Red - Rouge Ardent
  • Cyndi Lauper - True colors
  • Joachim Witt- Goldener Reiter 
  • Spandaw Ballet - Gold


I also thought I could continue easily on the German sound, but maybe after 2 German choices it was time to switch again.  A bit of Falco would have been fun though. 

In the end "Rhein" linked me to more river songs. There are dozens about anonymous rivers but I wanted them about the Moldau, Maas, The Thames, ...

  • Lichtjes van de Schelde - Bobbejaan Schoupe
  • Nina Simone - Missisipi godam
  • Ike & Tina Turner - Mississippi rolling stone
  • Vanessa Paradis - La Seine


La Seine by Vanessa Paradis was a fun discovery.  I enjoyed it so this is my choice for this week. 



Comments

Anne said…
Hehe, weer een leuke weg om tot je keuze te komen :-)

Popular Posts