We keep on turning #wedraaienddoor: Live - All alone (live @paradiso)

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

Hotel Pardiso...Hotel Paradiso. The song that Anne posted previous Saturday gave me clear images.  I wasn't in a hotel. I am in Paridiso in the center of Amsterdam, a smaller but well-known concert hall. 

I searched a bit to potential songs with a link such as 

  • The Eagles : hotel california
  • Connie Francis - Paradiso

but I really wanted to have live images of the Paradiso and I longed back to the feeling of live concerts that we've all missed now so long. 

I have attended two concerts in Paradiso in 2012. The first time I was invited by a colleague who had bought tickets for Sigur Ros for his wife but then she turned out to be pregnant and couldn't join and I got the honor to go with him. I had no idea what type of music Sigur Ros brought. I remember it was mesmerizing and also utterly strange! 
There is plenty of music clips on Youtube of these 2 concerts he gave at the end of August in 2012. So I was there! But I'm not happy about any of the clips there, so I continued to search for the other concert.  

A few months after Sigur Ros , I saw that Arno was having a concert in the Paradiso.  My hotel where I spent at that time a few evenings per week , since I worked part-time in Amsterdam between 2011 and 2013, was just a 10 minute walk from there. I usually stayed in the Museum Quarter which isn't too far from the Leidseplein and the Paradiso is in between. So I decided to buy a ticket for Arno even if I had to go just on my own.  
It was an awesome concert and it was so funny to see Arno mumble in Flemish dialect some jokes and silly remarks and the Dutch response too it.  Unfortunately there isn't any footage that I can find of that concert.  Too bad, it would have been fun to see it again.  I am anyway very grateful that I went to see Arno there. 


But so I continued to search and I wanted a concert with a good live vibe but also where the fun architecture and atmosphere of this concerthall would be very tangible. And I ended up chosing Live , live at Paradiso :). 

Live @paradiso


Comments

Anne said…
Zo zot dat jij daar zo vlakbij woonde. Moet een prachtige concertzaal zijn.
En dat nummer hoor ik eigenlijk nog altijd graag.
Goofball said…
@Anne: "wonen"... ja 'k zat daar wekelijks een paar nachten op hotel vlakbij gedurende 3 jaar.
Anne said…
Hahaha woeps ja, ik was een beetje overenthousiast in mijn hoofd. Shit nu klink ik gelijk Samson.

Popular Posts