We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Brisa Fenoy - Free

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World  play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind.  We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

Once more Anne introduces me to a new group. That's the fun of our association game that forces us outside our comfort zone and ensures we discover new area's of music and we challeng each other. 
The Soup Dragons.  Really...the soup dragons. 

I'm sorry but I'm singing "Aangebrand, de soep is aangebrand" by Anja Wellens now.  Yes you're welcome, now you've got the earworm as well. But no, I won't post that, it's just too horrible. 

As often I contemplate the theme of the title and there is lots of music that is free: 

  • Gala - Freed from desire
  • Sting - If you love someone, set them free
  • Spring - Vrije val
  • Brisa Fenoy - Free
  • Urban trad - Free Wheel


I also search a bit if there are more musical dragons: 

  • Imagine Dragons - Thunder
  • Imagine Dragons - Believer
  • Drake


The soup dragons still intrigue me and I search for more musical meals. To be honest, now I start finding quite horrible music.    Search a bit Linke Soep and Soep as Dutch bands and you can "enjoy" Dutch carnaval. Yikes. 

  • Meatloaf -
  • Bowling for Soup
  • Soup - Sleepers
  • J-hope: chicken noodle soup
  • Noodles - Break free


In the end I choose Brisa Fenoy again because I'm sure Anne doesn't know her at all and because I quite enjoy the music.  And the theme is very socially committed and relevant for these times. 




Comments

Popular Posts