We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Frank Sinatra - My way

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 


We were treated to Fleetwood Mac - Go your own way last Tuesday.  First of all I was triggered by the name Fleetwood Mac. Have you ever thought of it : that's a rather cool name.  To me, it sounds like a very Scottish band but that's not the case. 

I first thought of Amy Mc Donald: This is the life.  She's such a fun talented young lady.  Secondly there is a Scottish band: The proclaimers that could go their own way while walking 500 miles. 

But then the big master popped in my head:  Frank Sinatra: My Way.   It seemed a good answer, although the text is in detail not a very good answer match to Fleetwood Mac. 
I don't have much with Frank Sinatra and I searched for a while if I couldn't find a cool modern cover of this song.   Herman Brood came by again but that's just too gruesome. 

So in the end...why not give the spotlight to a big master who has enjoyed that spotlight a lot. And he did that his way 


Comments

Kevin said…
Great read, thank you

Popular Posts