We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: LMFAO ft Lauren Bennett- Party Anthem

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 


Anne presented Belle and Sebastian to me...a band that I did not know yet.  The name immediately hit me and I was off searching for a folk song that seemed to appear in the back of my mind. I just wasn't too sure which one: 

  • Laïs: Ma belle
  • Laïs / Manau/ : le renard et la belette

Both seemed a bit far fetched.  So is Doe maar with Belle Hélène. 

My Night of the Proms memories presented me with Cockney Rebel & Steve Harley - Sebastian


But then I listened to Belle and Sebastian again and it finally hit me that it's a party song. How fun and easy to link to another party song!?  

LMFAO: party anthem



Comments

Anne said…
Mij compleet onbekend. 't Is wel vrolijk en party party :-)
Goofball said…
@Anne: echt compleet onbekend? Het heeft in 14 landen op nummer 1 gestaan, ook in België...(stond 40-tal weken in hitparade, had dus echt veel airplay op radio). Ik was dat in feite beu gehoord. Is heel vrolijk and party party maar als je het heeeeel veel hoort, zaagt het ook wel een beetje.
Anne said…
Vreemd genoeg is het me echt compleet ontgaan, dus ja, echt compleet onbekend. Ik heb lang meegekunnen met nieuwe muziek, maar de laatste tijd vind ik er niet veel meer aan. Ik luister steeds meer naar Radio 1 dan naar Studio Brussel...

Popular Posts