The unplanned gift

 I was just cleaning up something in our clothes wardrobe when I am surprised to see a book laying around among the spare hangers on the bottom shelf.  It seems one of the business type of books Jan reads, so I put it at his night stand. 


He's totally surprised by it. I am totally surprised by his surprise but I tell him that the clothes wardrobe is no place to hold books.  He agrees but he doesn't know the book at all. I surely never read it.

It still holds a sticker of the Standaard Boekhandel where I sometimes buy books.


...

Faintly I remember I had to use some sort of voucher before it expired. Faintly I remember buying gifts and hiding gifts. 
Maybe I bought this book for Jan to give to him for Christmas.  Maybe I hid it and never wrapped it.  Maybe I never gave the gift and totally forgot about it since truly that's not the place where I tend to hide presents. (Yet my hiding spot is mostly for hiding presents for the children and Jan would know it).



Anyway, I guess I just gave Jan an unplanned, unexpected gift for vacation reading, unwrapped with the price sticker still on it.  Hope it's a good book :p. 

Comments

Anne said…
Altijd grappig als je zo van die verrassingen vindt in eigen huis :-D
Goofball said…
@Anne: het is langzaam aan het terugkomen. 'k denk dat ik Cadeaucheques moest opgebruiken voor vervaldag en dat ik voor de kinderen boeken voor Sinterklaas ging lopen. Heel grappig, Jan liep simultaan door Hyper Carrefour en checkte welke ze aan het bekijken waren en stuurde me foto's door en ik kocht ze op zelfde moment in De Standaard. ...maar 'k had dus een extra boek voor Jan gekocht, maar hij krijgt geen Sinterklaas dus dat moest blijven liggen tot Kerst. Ha en dat is nu uitgekomen en ik had het niet eens door toen ik het aan hem lag en zeurde dat hij boeken op de juiste plek moet wegleggen. Haha. Een cadeau met een preek.
Anne said…
Hahaha, zalig :-)
Kris10 said…
Je verrast jezelf :) Fijne ontdekking!

Popular Posts