Travel dilemmas part 2 (out of 3)

It's that time of the year that friends, colleagues and family leave on vacation. A good moment to steal a post idea from Anne and plan a series of travel dilemma's.  The first dilemmas are posted here



Asia / Africa

I've not been often to either continent.  In Asia I was in India, Singapore and Bali and in Africa I've only been to Egypt. 

To be honest, I am rather reluctant to go to entirely new environments if I can't assess traffic, comfort, tc. For that reason I am more interested to discover more from Asia and a bit more afraid (through ignorance) to explore more of Africa. 

Barcelona / Rome

I've been in Barcelona, I enjoyed it.  And I've been in Rome through the World Jubilee of 2000 but was never a tourist there. So Rome is still on my wishlist to do a citytrip with the children there. 

Hotel / camping

I am a comfort girl.   A camping = a tent without toilet to me .  And the current trend of glamping just means that everyone hates camping but doesn't want to pay for a hotel. ha!  

I have camped several nights with the diving club in the past and on the world jubilee and in my youth but each time I am cold, it is damp in the morning, it is crowded and tiny  and it's horrible when it rains. 

Nope: I want a room and a bed and a bathroom.  Oh and breakfast buffets can be heavinly. 


Citytrip / nature vacation

I like both but if it is a longer vacation than I come more to relaxation in a nature vacation.  Citytrips are more something for 2-3 days and is a rather active break. 


World trip / discover the world in multiple trips

Travelling for too long would be too tiring, too expensive etc and coming back home now and then makes you appreciate your home more but also long more for new adventures elsewhere.  Alternation is key I believe.  Wouldn't it be a horrible thought that you've seen everything already?  (and maybe I don't need to see everything now that I think about it). 



Comments

Anne said…
Kamperen in een tent heb ik een paar keer gedaan, maar het was toch niet echt mijn goesting. De mobilhome daarentegen :-) Maar dat vind ik altijd wat luxe-kamperen.
Mijn ouders zijn tot na hun 70ste blijven kamperen en hebben ook echt heel lang trektochten gedaan, bagage en tent op de rug. Ik heb daar enorm veel bewondering voor.

Popular Posts