Whale watching in Guadeloupe

 



My boys took an excursion without me.  They went whale watching near Plage de Malendure. 
I didn't join since the trip would be on a catamaran without a toilet for 3,5 hours (it became 4,5 hours in reality).  When I'm stressed I need a bathroom very quickly and not having a bathroom possibility around is one of my strong fears...which then leads to a vicious circle.  Although I work hard on keeping my fear levels under control and take things a lot more easy,  I don't think I can biologically guarantee not needing a toilet for so long.  So I had to make the hard but corect decision for myself.  


We got up really early to go to our appointment of the departure place.  We could visit their little museum and grab some coffee before they left. 




The moment of departure was a moment where I had to swallow my disappointment and FOMO away, but during the morning it has turned around to JOFO.  I really don't think I would have enjoyed so many hours in open sea on this catamaran. 


But my man had a good morning and they saw dolphins and 4 whales. (of the latter it's all movies, no pictures).  The children couldn't get all the explanations in French but once you spot the animals, you don't need marine biologists to dump all their knowledge on you anymore to have fun. 





View on our town Pointe-Noire with vaguely probably also our road and neighbours up the steep hill (right cluster of houses on the hill)

"our local home"


Playfull friends





After 4,5 hours I was very happy to see the catamaran re-appear and to get reunited with my family. 




Comments

Popular Posts