Two weeks of mostly chilling in the garden

We didn't travel anywhere this summer but decided to stay in Belgium and profit to the fullest from our 2nd residence in the nature of the east of Belgium.  We reasoned that summers are getting hotter in our region and too hot in the Mediterrean so rather than always travel in August we'd stay home (and travel earlier in the year). 

But I was a bit worried on 4 weeks with no plans just to vacation.  Well at least we'd not stay at Leuven but in the east of Belgium (which makes mentally a big difference: I am away from my office space, my laundry and the busy traffic etc) and we'd spend a week at the coast. 

But that left us with 3 weeks in the east of Belgium and I feared the boys or all of us would get bored or that we risked to start doing chores all the time.  I researched a lot of excursions at the start of the month and I lectured the boys that I did not want to have a daily discussion on screen time. 

But somehow we all got in the chill zone and we just lived day by day and in the end...we did nothing special and I loved it. 


Since we usually travel in summer and since we don't have much garden in Leuven, I guess we've just fully enjoyed to have a garden. With view on a field with cows, with a little fun pool, with view on glowing hills and woods and birds of prey. With comfortable chairs to read books in, with a hammock, ...

We played some games







We swam in our little pool





We've been devoring books and spent hours and hours reading 





But basically we just chilled and hang out in the garden with the entire family including our cat until late at night.  And we were not bored.  














Comments

Popular Posts