We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor: Angélique Kidjo - Voodoo Child
Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices.
You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible!
oh how I loved the version of Ain't no Sunshine brought by Desree and Ladysmith Black Mambazo that Anne had chosen. Great African vibe, beautiful voices, a bit soul...what's not to love. Really a beautiful version.
And so I went looking for my own cover that has now an African style version with African rhythms and choir. It took some googling and I must admit that I didn't know it before...but I found another song I really loved. Here is Angélique Kidjo with Voodoo Child.
Comments