What's your perfume??

I am running around without make-up on most days. Most mornings I find it too much hassle. Most days I have a dry itchy crusty face thanks to some allergies alternated by days with red swollen itchy eyes and then I don't feel much motivation to put some extra powders or cremes on top of it even though I buy all my make-up from special brands in the pharmacy.

Wearing nailpolish would be allergy safe, I suppose. But one of my host dads in Canada once described my nail polish application skills with the following quote "you might as well dip your fingers in the pot and it would give the same result, so why bothering using that little brush". Over the years I've improved my skills a little but I've mostly been so smart as to switch from dark brown nail polish to transparant color. And that of course is not much use either.

But something I do put on perfume each morning with great diligence. And for 8 years I use mainly the same brand "One" from Calvin Klein. And all of a sudden I was curious this morning and I was wondering:

"what's your make-up habits and which parfume are you wearing?".


So that's my question to you all my dear readers. Do feel free to write your own blogpost or to leave me a comment....the comment button is right below and it won't bite so even if you are a silent reader, feel free to answer ;). I am quite curious.

Comments

Anonymous said…
tova fragrance ;)
Korie said…
In the winter I wear a musk perfume, usually from The Body Shop and in the summer and spring I usually look for something lighter and sweeter.
I usually don't wear makeup unless we're going somewhere nice or fancy.
Betsy said…
I seem to be sensitive / allergic to just about everything out there. Face creams, sunscreen, anything with a fragrance: all of them give me intense headaches!

The only kind of makeup I've ever found that doesn't give me a headache is Clinique. (and I'm amazed and grateful that that's tolerable!)

Even M has to be careful about what kind of cologne he wears-- lately I've been reacting to those too!

CK One is one of the very few that smells good and doesn't give me a headache-- good choice! :-)
anno said…
Fragrance makes me break out in a rash, but I don't think I'd escape from a burning house without first putting on without foundation (prescriptives or MAC) and mascara.
Anonymous said…
Goh, van make-up eigenlijk helemaal niks. Als ik er echt vreselijk uitzie 's morgens gebruik ik wel "8 hour sleep effect" foundation van l'oréal en misschien 2 of 3 keer op een jaar eyeliner (clinique). Parfum gebruik ik wel dagelijks: Happy van clinique.
Gudrun said…
I have a daily make up routine: I always put on a quite thick black line on my eyelid (with an eyeliner penn) and a very thin one with a pencil on the inside of my lower eyelid.

And my perfume is, since it's the only one I can tolerate, Trésor by Lancôme. I love it, and I feel naked if I forget to spray it on.
Blog said…
I think you know I use Pure and Simple EVERYTHING. I don't use perfume ever now. No reason why. I like things natural -- and I haven't found a good natural scent that I love, yet....
Virtualsprite said…
For perfume, I wear Crabtree & Evelyn Wisteria in the summer and anything with an almond fragrance in the winter.

I'm horribly sensitive to make-up, so I try to keep it minimal, otherwise I break out like a teenager. But usually just lipstick.
Anonymous said…
My favorite perfume is Eden. I've worn it everyday for more than ten years know. I don't use make-up, beside some lipstick for special occasions.
Margaret said…
I put Oil of Olay lotion on my face with a little bit of blush and lipstick. Eye make-up makes me blink too much and I look demented! I wear Light Blue by Dolce and Gabbana. I prefer fruity clean scents.
Snooker said…
Hmm... you and I seem to have a lot in common. I really can't be bothered with makeup, so I don't use it at all. As for perfume, it is hit or miss if I put it on at all. But when I do, it is CK One or CK Be. You have good taste in perfume!

Popular Posts