- if you put the laundry in the dryer before washing it and then stare at it for a few minutes trying to figure out why this seems odd somehow, then you may be pretty exhausted.
- if the waitress asks you what you'd like to drink in German and you answer "Eine Weisswein" , then you feel insulted if she switches the conversation to French immediately. How many mistakes can you make in 2 words?
- if the foreign consultant chuckles when a joke is being told among your colleagues during the workshop break, then you'd better make sure not to gossip/comment in Dutch about him & his colleagues either.
- if the kids from the summer daycare organized by your employer are dancing to 'Zorba The Greek' at the door when you leave in the evening, then you are driving away from the parking lot with a big smile on your face.
- if you find little pencils everywhere in the house, then you might have visited the Ikea a little too often recently.
- if your colleagues keep asking you whether you've been painting, then you might need to consider standing one step lower on the ladder next time you're painting the ceiling.
(how much time would it take to have paint grow out of your hair, anyway?)
- if a kind of creepy undefined insect lands in the middle of your computer screen, then stubbornly poking it with your mouse pointer isn't very effective to make it fly away.
- if you find driving in the city center confusing and if you think it's hard to find parking space, then think twice before you venture downtown the day before Marktrock , a big city rock festival, will start.