Count your blessings - June 2019
- Vacation in one of the most beautiful area's on earth
- Being deconnected from Belgium and all the news for more than 3 weeks.
- Pick-nicking at gorgeous unknown lakes
- Spotting bears, beavers, elk, moose, mountain goats, mountain sheep, deer, chipmunks, ground squirrels, bold eagles, ospreys, coyotes, bisons, ... in their wild habitat
- Spending time with my beloved Canadian friends and family. Reconnecting, hugging, talking, having real good conversations, getting to meet each other's families (again).
- The Rocky Mountains in all their beauty and the Kootenays. My dear Kootenays.
- Surviving another jetlag without too much issues despite being up for several hours during several nights.
- Relax warm summer weekends in the Ardennes
- Having breakfast out on the terrace
- My dad's health which seems stabilised (or slightly improved) after months of the opposite.
- Feeling back full of energy much more than I've felt this year (and getting compliments because it's visible)
- Saying goodbye of the Kindergarden at school for Kabouter and being greatfull for the great school both boys are attending.
- Working together as a family for a day outside in the garden to get it civilised again and seeing the transformation
- Plucking loads of strawberries and cherries at the self-harvesting farm. The best harvest in the year!
- The belfry of the Park Abbey playing all Sunday afternoon, the sounds travelling over the fields.
- Listening to the boys making up stories and fantasy play together and getting interviewed by them.
- Loud sing-alongs in the car with the entire family (or alone)
- Sleeping for 3 weeks in 1 room with the children and observing them when both asleep in 1 shared double bed
- Lazy mornings waking up and snoozing with 4 after both boys crawl with us under the sheets
- Getting a toddler massage
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link