Count your blessings - September 2019
- That first moment you feel the heating is turned on on a chilly morning
- And some sunny warmer days that pass by after all (despite the clear chilly mornings)
- Kim Clijsters announcing her come-back.
- Orchids that bloom again
- Spotting a deer in the field in foggy fall morning sunshine
- Forgetting to order a sandwich for lunch before the deadline, driving to a caterer and buying quickly at random a salad that turns out to be truly delicious.
- Jan has shown Kabouter an old youtube film about Bassie & Adriaan and has created new fans at home. So all of a sudden we spend time together watching the same ever story about Bassie and Adriaan fishing over and over again and Jan and I are humming or singing out loud the starting tune in our house.
- Colleagues that come and ask how I'm doing and take some time to talk.
- Getting an sms from Jan at lunch time with a picture of an empty soup cup with the remark that the soup I made the night before was tasteful.
- Working from home in my old sweatpants
- Some "summer" weekends in September
- Observing Kabouter and Beertje working patiently together to build a new lego toy.
- Kabouter who learns to read step by step, letter by letter
- Discovering cute new street-art at 100m from your home
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link