Count your blessings - September 2019


  • That first moment you feel the heating is turned on on a chilly morning
  • And some sunny warmer days that pass by after all (despite the clear chilly mornings)
  • Kim Clijsters announcing her come-back. 
  • Orchids that bloom again
  • Spotting a deer in the field in foggy fall morning sunshine
  • Forgetting to order a sandwich for lunch before the deadline, driving to a caterer and buying quickly at random a salad that turns out to be truly delicious.
  • Jan has shown Kabouter an old youtube film about Bassie & Adriaan and has created new fans at home. So all of a sudden we spend time together watching the same ever story about Bassie and Adriaan fishing over and over again and Jan and I are humming or singing out loud the starting tune in our house.
  • Colleagues that come and ask how I'm doing and take some time to talk.
  • Getting an sms from Jan at lunch time with a picture of an empty soup cup with the remark that the soup I made the night before was tasteful. 
  • Working from home in my old sweatpants
  • Some "summer" weekends in September
  • Observing Kabouter and Beertje working patiently together to build a new lego toy. 
  • Kabouter who learns to read step by step, letter by letter
  • Discovering cute new street-art at 100m from your home


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts