Count your blessings - January 2020
- Pink sky sunrises during my commute (so I don't have to be up insanely early to enjoy them).
- Puzzling with the children
- Beertje cuddling with me in bed early in the morning
- Spending my "sport and cultuurcheques" that I received from my employer on the first day I had them in the renewal of the children's swimming classes...no expiry date to keep track off!
- A great collaborative spirit at work even for some discussion points
- A fun temporary professional challenge that is no longer temporary
- Breaking the record of 4-5 weeks (in winter time!!) where all of us in our family are completely snot-free. Never happened in the last 7 years.
- A night sky crazily filled with stars
- A squirrel regularly passing through the garden.
- Listening to Kabouter who is trying to read a book and noticing his progress in reading
- Cleaned windows
- Hyacinths at home
- Observing Beertje dancing at the music of the Gala of the Gouden K's and seeing Kabouter's enthousiast cheers when "his choice" wins an award
- Waking up after 8 Am and realising you've slept undisturbedly through the night
- A very hot and long shower
- Going out for lunch with a friend on a homeworking day
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link