Count your blessings - June 2020
- Waking up after more than 8 hours sleep
- Observing a little naked boy in play in a tiny bit of water
- Walking Beertje back to school, babbling hand in hand, after 11.5 weeks at home
- An employer who isn't pushing anyone to return to the office if that doesn't feel comfortable...even if this means the vast majority of the personnel continues to work from home in the next 3 months.
- Rain...multiple days with rain!
- Walking in the sunshine along quiet streets on Sunday morning to get fresh bread and buns from the bakery
- Spending time with family again for the first time in 3 months and having a cosy drink outside in the garden
- The children that "build a camp" in grandma's garden and clearly enjoy rediscovering the big space available
- Both boys return full time to school
- The first evening out for dinner
- Eating outside in the garden
- Weekends with no plans whatsoever
- Backing up old pictures and seeing so many old memories again
- Gratitude for that minority of people that wears face masks inside stores. Thank you for caring for my health.
- Friends coming over for dinner
- Being out at work for a project
- A freshly cleaned-out car and the ironing pile at home completely gone
- Walking along the fields and observing preying birds
- Sausage with cheese inside
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link