18 random pictures of the last 6 weeks


1) A sunset end of May when I did a walk after the children's bedtime to catch some fresh air after working long.  It's a habit I lost a bit in the last 6 weeks, so I must ensure I get more movement and fresh air again. 


2) Last Sunday I spotted a just born calf in the field. We must have just missed the birth  (ugh, again) but we could admire the little shaky animal trying to get up on his feet and his mom licking all over and then the first drinking. 


3) Kabouter took a first beatbox - breakdance camp at the start of July and demonstrated proudly the first evening his first cool move.


4) Just a funny picture



5) Just a reminder about the importance to catch fresh air and ventilate all indoor spaces! 


6) splash time


7) cow traffic jam


8) monuments at the Leuven cemetery about previous deadly epidemics in Leuven....they catch my attention now all the time with a few dozen crosses indicating the neighbourhoods from the past impacted by cholera.


9) New sight: the little mouth masks wash hanging to dry


10) Mid June we finally completed our 3rd puzzle and we take a puzzling break now that the lockdown ended and more out of house activities are picked up.


11) Kabouter and Jan constructed a little suspension bridge with a glue pistal.   Very cool, but it broke already a few days later. 



12) Rain and moderate temperatures returned to Belgium as soon as the lockdown was lifted and now we are enjoying a moderate summer with clouds, some mild showers, sunshine , no heat, no extremes...for the first time since a few years at this moment.  Our water reserves are still extremely low but the problems of drought seem to be postponed right now. 


13) we decorated the play area in the Ardennes attic with 2 fish that my father has painted a few decades ago. Each of the children received one of his fish. 


14) My children are goofballs too...(stealing their dad's glasses)


15) Corona proof project reception at work


16) Kabouter had a sleepover with his friend 2 weeks ago (because he wanted to include his friend "in his bubble") and we took Beertje out for dinner. It was a hot summer night and quite busy in the city center but the tables in the restaurant were well spaced out and the doors open so it felt safe and fun to have a pizza dinner out.  And the boys treated themselves to a ice cream desert. 



17) I took the habit to take small one2one meetings on my phone and walk around in the house.  I've even listened in to some calls when I had to bring/ pick-up the children to school so then you see me walking like this along the sidewalk in the city. (but I have no clue who took this picture?)






Comments

Anne said…
Die vissen zijn echt prachtig!

Popular Posts