Live music is better

2020 killed the cultural sector. No (or hardly) concerts, no festivals, theatres closed for months or open with a lot of empty seats, ... It's a weird year.

I saw this meme coming by at Anne previous month. Since she's skipping our music pingpong #wedraaiendoor for one week, I steal this other musical meme from her.  She has listed alphabetically the number of live concerts she's attended.  I thought that was fun to check myself which concerts I've attended.  It's easy to make a nice considerable list but to be honest: most of it dates of 1-2 decades ago. I've truly not been to concerts and festivals anymore in recent years with my little children.  Hence I do not feel the impact so much of all pandemic measures.   

As late teenager, young adult, I did attend each summer multiple festivals (free city festivals such as Beleuvenissen, Gentse Feesten, ... or paying ones such as SuikerRock, Lokerse Feesten, Dranouter en once Rock Werchter). To a lesser extent I go and see concerts, which I find more expensive (less artists for the same amount of money) but some big opportunities must be taken: eg the U2 concerts in Belgium, Madonna (done that once, not worth to spend the money twice), ...I do enjoy some smaller concerts too so I believe I should start doing that more  (eg Selah Sue in Depot, Arno in Paradisio Amsterdam and Sigur Ros in Paradisio).  


Anyway, this is how far I got while digging into my memories (and browsing through my archive here online :p).  


A: Absynth Minded, Arno, Angelo Branduardi

B: Bryan Adams, Buurman, Bart Peeters, Buscemi

C: Coolio, The Chemical Brothers, Customs

D: Dinky Toys, Dani Klein, Daft Punk, David Bowie

E: Eva De Roovere

F:

G: Gabriel Rios

H:

I: Iggy pop & the Stooges

J: Joe Cocker,  John Miles, Jamiroquoi, Jo Lemaire, James Blunt

K: de Kreuners, Kapitein Winokio, Kaiser Chiefs

L: Live, Lenny Krevitz, the Levellers

M: Madonna, Morrissey

N:

O: Ozark Henry

P: the Police

Q:

R: Raymond van 't Groenewoud

S: Selah Sue, The Simple Minds, Sigur Ros, Soulsister, Status Quo, The Scabs, Sting

T: Texas, Triggerfinger

U: U2, UB40, Urban Trad

V: Vaya Con Dios

W

X

Y: 

Z: Zucchero, Zap Mama


Comments

Anne said…
Jamiroquai had ik ook wel eens willen zien!
Goofball said…
@Anne: in alle eerlijkheid heb ik niet veel herinneringen aan zijn optreden. het was op een festival en blijkbaar heeft zijn passage me niet erg geïmpacteerd. Dus 'k ga er geen specifiek geld aan besteden voor een optreden van hem alleen.

Popular Posts