Count your blessings - May 2021

  1. Picking for the first time in my adult life the right amount of fresh spinach to  survive their big disappearance trick and leave a decent portion of freshly made spinach
  2. Going out for dinner again for the first time in about 8 months
  3. Reinforcement for my flower pots made by Jan so they don't dump on the ground anymore with each storm or wind gust.
  4. Golden fields with rapeseed
  5. Jan got his vaccination
  6. A long weekend to rest when you feel exhausted. Followed fortunately by another long weekend.
  7. Finding a parking spot in front of our house...in the last months that has become a challenge
  8. Parking and knowing you can leave your car behind for a full week without needing to go anywhere.  In this pandemic, my aversion to drive anywhere has just increased so it feels like a true blessing each time I know I don't need to be anywhere else 
  9. Nights of more than 8 hours sleep. 
  10. Walking in nature. Always walking in nature
  11. My sister, my best friend, 1/3rd of my team, multiple other acquaintances got their first vaccination shot. It's really moving now. 
  12. Recruiting 4 more people in my team, 2 of which start right away. Finally, the true reinforcement (instead of replacements) is starting.  What a relief, there is hope in the long run (once all training programs have been completed). 
  13. Putting the hammock outside
  14. Empathic concerned colleagues that put your wellbeing first
  15. My own vaccination invitation before I expected it.
  16. At the same moment several friends/ acquaintances from the neighbourhood of the same age group who have had their inviation as well.  Yep clearly our turn now in Leuven (early June). 
  17. Rodin who slowly sometimes wants to nap next to us in the sofa. 
  18. Picknic lunches outside
  19. Borrelnootjes
  20. Blue cloudless sky 
  21. Going outdoors without a jacket, finally!


This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link 

Comments

Anne said…
Borrelnootjes :-D
Goofball said…
@Anne: onderschat nooit de kracht van chips en nootjes!
Els said…
Hier ook blij met de uitnodiging voor vaccinatie op moment dat ik het nog niet verwachtte :)
Goofball said…
@Els: hoeraaa voor ons spuitjes!

Popular Posts