The yearly garden planting afternoon

 


It's that time a year again... the first sunshine puts the old flower boxes in the spotlight, showing off too much dead plants. I sneaked out of my home office for an hour at the end of April to seek some plants on a week day as I wasn't too enthusiastic about the idea of crowded garden centres in the weekend.  Fortunately a Friday morning was calm enough and I quickly loaded some vegetable plants and some flowers in the trunk of my car. 

Over the last April weekend, Jan profited from some sunshine to replant our square meter vegetables while I did some harvesting and then afterwards Beertje and I tackled the renewal of our wall flower boxes. 
So all is happy and colorful again in our garden. Let's hope these flowers last a bit with our non-green fingers and that we didn't kill them all by mid summer. 















Comments

Anne said…
Ik neem aan, met het weer dat we hadden, dat je tuintje er nog fris en fruitig uitziet.
Goofball said…
@Anne: bwa met een van de stormwinden die we al gehad hebben zijn er zo al bakken weer op de grond getoeterd en moeten gerecupereerd worden. Jan heeft er nu wel houten bekisting voor gemaakt maar nu is het nog hoger voor mij en onzichtbaar in te schatten hoe vochtig/droog ze staan.

Popular Posts