Count your blessings - August 2021

  • A late paella evening in our friend's garden in candlelight
  • Pulling of soaked clothes and getting into soft warm home wear when arriving home totally rained out
  • The sound of crickets buzzing and the sight of a dragonfly flying by
  • New cushions on my very worn out Beats headset. And now he looks new again.
  • Catching up in my feedreader
  • A solo walk among the fields where I spotted a deer
  • A culinary dinner out when I didn't expect it
  • Jan, who is just as shocked by the unethical quotes by Eddy Demarez, and I am grateful that we share the same values and view on society.
  • Buying some promising new books
  • Brainstorming on our #wedraaiendoor series and running ridiculously ahead of our planning
  • Sunsets at the beach
  • Sea food dishes
  • The sound of waves crashing at the beach...and the sound of my children screaming when jumping them
  • Fighting the rolling waves with our decorated sand castles in vain
  • Reading 4,5 books in vacation
  • Some days of sunshine and blue sky...at least some this summer. Finally.
  • Time...and empty agenda, no obligations...the days that are free
  • Swimming in the pool
  • Abundant flowers in French towns
  • Smooth drives on the French highways. Phew 
  • Meeting some of Jan's distant French relatives and being welcomed warmly
  • The opening of new renovated offices with a party that included our retired colleagues and the recently fired colleagues due to restructuring...because we remain one big family.
  • Meeting my Danish boss and Dutch HR colleagues for the first time in person after many months
  • Observing my team physically together, full of new hires mingling with the other colleagues in laughter and chat and trusting we'll meet our future challenges together



This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts