Spoiling ourselves with a dinner at Zappaz




When Kabouter was invited for a sleepover with his best friend and was going to eat pizza there, Beertje felt left-out again. But Jan promised him to go out and eat pizza too. So when he asked that evening if he should make a reservation somewhere I said yes but assumed we'd end up in a nearby Italian. 

But no, Jan had something else in mind and I changed my clothes from my comfy home wear last minute after a few homeworking days in whimsical autumn weather. 

We walked on a nice evening all across the city of Leuven to end up at our harbour where we had a reservation at Zappaz.  The restaurant is since long on my wishlist but unlike Jan, I had not visited it yet. The fun thing is that even though they have a good culinary reputation, they also serve a child menu...not the regular chicken nuggets, spaghetti or meat balls but a nice piece of fish served with a celeriac puree , some guinea fowl etc...  And since our pickiest eater wasn't with us, we risked to go out with the 3 of us.  


It was the first time in ages that I was back in a nice restaurant and we dined inside which made me feel a little weird. I couldn't help to evaluate the table distances, check if I could spot the mandatory CO2 meter (I could not) and see the airco vents.  But hey,  I have to let go and get a bit out of my isolation mood.  So I decided to truly enjoy the food served and so I did! I don't tend to dedicate full blog posts to restaurant visits but I guess this felt nevertheless quite special so here I go anyhow. 




A range of appetizers such as tartellette with crab fillet and a tomato jello. 








Hamachi - Sakura - Koolrabi  - Sanchopepper



Groene minestrone - mussels - schelpjes - avruga


I missed the picture of the heilbot dish


Kreeft - vlierbloesem - capucijn


Zeetong - risotto - beure noisette


Xtogitxu - secreto number 7 - zwarte look


In the mean time our little one enjoyed very well his dishes, and after a couple of our dishes he was rewarded by some ipad time since we stayed at the table way passed his bedtime. But he was calm and happy and really good company. 







And so after a really nice culinary treat with the 3 of us, we walked back home. 

Comments

Jenn said…
Looks beautiful and delicious!
Anne said…
Ziet er lekker uit. En fijn dat de kleine pruts het ook allemaal wel kon appreciéren :-)
Goofball said…
@Jenn: I can recommend this restaurant. When do you come for a visit ;)
Goofball said…
@Anne: de kleinste is ok...de oudste hadden we niet moeten meepakken.
yab said…
Lekker, daar he? Fijn dat beertje er ook van genoten heeft.
Goofball said…
@yab: ja top en ook echt fijn dat ze een kindermenu hebben van kwaliteit!

Popular Posts