Made in Belgium: The Starlings

The Starlings...their name didn't ring a bell but then I saw it was the duo formed by Tom Dice and Kato Callebaut and I know them better.  Tom Dice has represented Belgium in 2010 at the Eurovision songcontest with a down to earth song without too much attitude . I could appreciate the latter.  He's clearly a talented artist and so is Kato but maybe they lack a bit of show and poohaa to truly become big stars.

I fell on their performances in the TV show "Liefde for Muziek" where artists cover the songs of their fellow artists in the show.  I am really really impressed by their interpretations of some of the other songs. Wow, goosebumps. Even if the original K3 is a nightmare, they turned it into something sensible and fragile and beautiful. 




When I look up their own songs on the other hand, I am a little less impressed. I find that in most songs they try to sing too high, making the singing very thin and even a bit forced.  Most songs I didn't like enough to post, ...this is the only one I wanted to share. 




Comments

Popular Posts