Count your blessings - November 2021

  • Returning to Gran Canaria after 2 years
  • Sweating in the sun...a sentiment that I haven't felt in a very long time
  • A breakfast buffet, also something that hadn't been in a very long time
  • Observing the children splashing in the pool or dancing in the mini club
  • Throwing balls in the pool together as a family
  • Loads of time to read books
  • Smooth solutions after missing our connecting flight
  • Antibiotics that solve Beertje's ear infection very quickly during holiday
  • A quiet period at work...unknown in the last 1,5 year. 
  • A crazy racing cat chasing a little ball through the house
  • Commuting through Meerdaelwoud in autumn colours. Beautiful!
  • Pushing myself outside on an evening I am tired to go to yoga anyhow (only for the 2nd time this fall...I've always had reasons to cancel) and feeling really great and refreshed afterwards
  • My aunt turning 100 years.
  • My company taking a bold stand in all global polarized vaccination discussions, that gains my respect for top management.
  • Checking out the Comedy Wildlife Photography Award finalists and chuckling
  • Working from home more again = listening to music more often. Nothing better than tackling the planning with a good beat
  • Being at a family gathering, meeting all my cousins on dad's side and their children again which probably hasn't happened in over a decade. 
  • Missing working in the office but enjoying the advantages of working most of the time from home again to the fullest. 
  • A hot hot shower




This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.  
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link

Comments

Popular Posts