We keep on turning #wedraaiendoor - The Kelly Family - When the boys come to town

Each Tuesday and Thursday Anne from Satur9's World and myself, play a musical pingpong game where we choose a new music song based on each other's previous choice by association of a name, style, lyric, style, location or whatever crosses in our mind. We never know what the next song will be chosen and are forced to explore beyond our comfort zone due to each other's choices. 

You can find our in the mean time long and fun playlist on Spotify and op Youtube. Subscribing to it is possible! 


The first thing that came-up when Anne posted Canonball by the Breeders, was Miley Cyrus's Canonball.  Or other canonballs...actually there are quite a few.  

Listenign to the text I had to think of REM and their "Losing my Religion". 

But I giggled most with the name the Breeders and I unrespectfully had an image of very large families.  So I wanted to find large musical families (literally or not) and I had to think of

  • The Von Trapp family
  • The Mama's and the Papa's
  • The Kelly Family
In the 90ies I bought a CD by the Kelly Family and I could enjoy their cheesy, gipsy, folky style and I , active in some Christian youth groups myself,  didn't get irritated by their many religious references. In the mean time I roll my eyes a bit more by it all.  Gosh, they do come across like a sect and they are often soooo cheesy.   Songs like "Angel" etc are just not what I want to choose anymore, even though the lyrics are a better association to Canonball. 

But it's summer so I just want a happy sunny song...bring on some Spanish summer vibe with "When the boys come to town".   It's from the album "Almost Heaven" so that's sufficient religious reference.  



Comments

Popular Posts