Summer thoughts

Summer
Going to bed and getting up with daylight

The slightest sun brings out colourful dresses and smiles on people's faces.
The same stress and routines just seem a bit of lighter to everyone and we're all a bit friendlier

School's out and while we're still at work
there's a breeze of freedom in the air.

Plans of travel, hope for barbecue weather,
sales of mosquito sprays, unused sunscreen and inflatable pools

Arrangements to pick up children from summer camps
or water the neighbour's plants during their travels

Meeting up becomes impossible as one finds themselves in Sweden
the other on a music festival and another one camping somewhere
Maybe for the better as the damn grass polls make my eyes so itchy
and I'm so tired I just want to nap

Thank goodness we're not experiencing any heat
so I can crawl under my cosy duvet and snooze when the early sunlight hits the room
now that we still can't nap in the sun in the garden.
I need my nap.

Sandals are parked in the hallway next to muddy rubber boots.
this summer seems to become a bit messy and chaotic
but aren't all summers that way?

Comments

Popular Posts