Beleuvenissen
The first and last Friday in July we headed downtown on Friday evening in Leuven to have some dinner out and check the atmosphere for Beleuvenissen. I state atmosphere since I am still that old grown up lady that wants to be in bed in time and doesn't feel motivated to stay up late for some concerts that I don't absolutely must see (and also not motivated to search a babysit or to keep the children up way too late either).
The first night I was already down with Covid but I didn't realise yet that my cold wasn't so innocent. Fortunately I already kept my distance from friends and I didn't contaminate anyone else.
The first night I was already down with Covid but I didn't realise yet that my cold wasn't so innocent. Fortunately I already kept my distance from friends and I didn't contaminate anyone else.
We walked a bit over the squares but didn't truly wait and listen to any concerts. The boys checked out some of the side entertainment. But then I took them home while Jan actually stayed to see the Levellers late that night on a full market square.
In the end of July I was in better shape and it was a lovely warm summer night out. We had a lovely outdoor dinner and then we went to see the Belgian artists. The scheduling of the concerts was a bit strange so there were only 2 concerts on when we walked through town after dinner.
The old market was already uncomfortable full for Camille although we were just (as one of the last?) still allowed to enter the square from the side streets before the one-direction crowd control started. I hope they didn't use the square's full capacity since there were a lot of families with children on the square to see their idol. But our boys really did not want to listen to Camille at all so we left quickly.
The old market was already uncomfortable full for Camille although we were just (as one of the last?) still allowed to enter the square from the side streets before the one-direction crowd control started. I hope they didn't use the square's full capacity since there were a lot of families with children on the square to see their idol. But our boys really did not want to listen to Camille at all so we left quickly.
So we headed to the Hogeschoolplein where we could listen to some rap.
After scrolling some more through town and having a nice ice-cream we headed home again.
Ladeuze square transformed to a big bike parking lot
Comments