World Cup fever


Do we have World Cup fever or not? 

Well since the boys totally adopted FIFA video games this year , they picked up interest in soccer. Also many of their friends play soccer so for the first time ever, they start to follow scores of major competition and major teams.  They got their outfits ready to support the Red Devils.

But the world cup is in a too far timezone, playing at impossible times. And I also have the feeling it is not so much alive in the streets....there's some flags here and there but I don't feel it as much. Maybe I just didn't come out the last weeks because of the heat wave or maybe I prioritise sleeping too much. 











Anyway, the first two games were at bedtime for the boys and each time right before one of Kabouter's exams. So the tv was only on for the first 15' and then I strictly sent everyone to bed and I also went off to sleep...only to wake up and hear about not very exciting results.  That didn't help to get more excited about our team. Also I was too hot and uncomfortable in our living room...lovely picture of me being tired and hot right? 

And then it was the 3rd game in the group phase were anything was still possible.  It was way too early to be up, but we turned internet off on our devices and me and the boys managed to stay unaware of the result so we could spend our weekend morning watching the game in delay.  And what a game! Woohoo all of a sudden we made it anyhow! We won the group! Yess. 
















And then it was Wednesday evening late for the knock-out phase, we had guests in the house but I was exhausted.  I watched with Beertje the first half which was utterly disappointing.  We left all the other men and went to bed where I cursed at the noise down below as I desperately wanted to sleep.  

I woke up with our surrealistic turn-around in the news, managed to keep it quiet for Beertje and let him watch the 2nd half of the game at breakfast. Woooohooo we are still in. But we've been so whimsical! 






So it becomes more and more tense.  I think tonights game is feasible but will be unpredictable and tough anyhow. Anything can happen.  But I don't think I'll be up.  Let's see if I can block all news again to wait until the morning.  If was pass the USA, my prediction is that we can't win the next phase though. So tonight is either the last or 2nd last game of our team in this cup. 
Kabouter has much more hope, he really dreams of that slight chance to go further and further. I think I've lived through too many world cups to really carry that dream. Aaah that innocent hope, it's so cute!

Damn you, why are the games in the middle of the night, I can't cope a lack of sleep .  :(.  The world cup fever would be so much nicer if we could watch in a normal evening hour. Oh well, that'll be in 4 years then. 

Let's cross our fingers tonight and send good vibes in our sleep. Go devils go!!! Go BELGIUM

Comments

Popular Posts