I still have some stuff outstanding to write about. I am sure some people are thinking I totally neglect them by now. But I simply had so much to write about all the fun activities I've been doing this summer, that I haven't had time to type out anything else.
First of all I've been really honored to have received this web award from Lies who blogs at "het leven zoals het is: Leuven (life as it is: Leuven). She seems an energetic upbeat young mother who blogs in a fun way about day-to-day activities and events. Too bad if you can't understand Dutch as her blog is worth a visit! We seem to share some music tastes and love for good food, events in Leuven ....and we totally have similar renovating experiences and I love what they've done to their house. Needless to say that I smiled proudly when I read that she loves my blog because "she has a strong opinion about things, always nice to read (hmm really do I express such strong opinions...didn't realise that myself) and she has excellent taste when it comes to houses" ... Hey thank you girl!
As a good blogger it is now my turn to pass this award on :
- for those of you who love some good pictures that sometimes show you beauty where you don't expect it at all: Looking Into is my daily stop for beauty in small things, patterns, ....
- Jenn at A2eatwrite : recipe's that make me droole, book tips that make me dream, posts that make me think about society,....but mostly a blog where I feel like coming home each time.
- Jenn at Something to Say: About Life in The Netherlands : because you cannot not love Jenn!!!!!!
- Tessa at Morgen komt Polly: when reading her posts, she simply feels so authentic.
- 1 Picture a Day : a picture blog I just very recently discovered but whose pictures do seem to touch me.
- My dear friend Allie at A Day in the Life of the Whittinghams: if you want honesty and authenticity in all emotions, you should visit her blog a visit.
Talking about Allie....she left me a meme today. Persistence pays off I suppose, as I still haven't done her meme tagged in March. So I feel that guilty tonight that I am doing it right away. Hahaha. It's a meme that's seems to be going around quickly among the blogs I read. the goal is simple: post 6 random facts about yourself.
Pff tough tough... I immediately think about the fact I don't like like chocolate, that I play with handkerchiefs a lot, that I watch numberplates, I bend my nails... but all of those things I've posted already in the past. Ok let me think
- I react allergic to insectbites below my knee and not above. Both are itchy but insect bites below my knee generate fluid and crusts and get more swollen or if I didn't scratch it right away, they can make bubbles. I do always scratch them in the end. (and after sitting outside all evening in a skirt....my legs are getting very itchy...argh).
- When I am stressed I need to go to the toilet all the time..... unfortunately I am very easily stressed.
- I am passionated by trying to grow herbs in our little garden....but I don't cook very often anymore and when I do, I often forget to use them :p
- I've worked on my family tree in the past but I am more interested to fine all the descendents of my great grandmother...rather than going back in time to find unknown names.
- We are getting married next June.
- Since I blog I don't write many (long) e-mails anymore to people like a few years before. However I do check my e-mail constantly whenever I am online.
- (since I never played Allie's 8 randon things meme in March, I'll add a bonus fact) (and I asked Jan for inspiration)
I can't distinguish left from right according to Jan, but that's only because he's always mixing them up, so when he's giving me directions I anticipate the opposite and go the other way. ....but sometimes he actually meant what he said and then you get an interesting discussion.