Made in Belgium: Troisseur

At the end of the 90ies, start of 2000 decade I was really into folk music and I roamed folk festivals, enthousiastically buying CD's from my new discoveries.  That's when once I saw Troisseur: a couple of guys wearing black long skirts, fiddling so energetically that the snares of their instrument broke, singing in an imaginary language.

I found their first album "Trah Njim" itself a bit repetitive, but last week I was at Beleuvenissen in Leuven and some other tribal folk band made me think of them again. They've never been a huge commercial success compared to some other Belgian folk bands, yet I still remember their once live performance I saw very well.

The group has stopped apparently in  2007 but some of the members  now have their own projects going on. I guess I should look them up.






Comments

Popular Posts