Count your blessings - March 2016
- A precious new little boy you get to hold in your arms for the first time to fall in love with
- The facial expression of an infant when it releases your breast fulfilled and falls asleep using that breast as a soft pillow.
- Maternity help at home that sends you to your bed to catch up sleep
- Dad's hands that manage to still cramps effectively
- A comforting latte
- The soft skin of an infant
- The smell of a toddler coming out of the bath tub
- A super sweet toddler softly stroking his baby brother
- A week difference between the date of the terrorist attacks and the date that most of my inlaws were leaving on vacation...(and then hearing speculations that the attacks came a week early and had originally been planned for Easter Monday).
3 kms between Jans office and the terrorism attacks
No colleagues or friends hurt, even people we know that work at the airport or travel that metro.
the fact that evil brings people together and creates immediate solidarity. The fact that love and beauty will always conquer in the end.
- Daffodils all over the city
Some bloggers like Gerhildemaakt or Upje blog regularly about simple things in their lives that make them happy. Those are fun simple posts that are recognisable and make me smile. And as the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I also want to list some things that make me happy in my daily life. This is the 2nd edition. the first times you can read here and here