Kabouter conversations - May 2016
- We walk by a house that gets renovated on our way and they are unloading a truck with new windows.
G: "Look Kabouter, that house is getting new windows"
K: "Goed idee, meneer, bravooo" (good idea, sir, well done)
- "Vogel in uh dak van de boom" (bird in the roof of the tree)
- During an announcement of a super hero movie on tv, showing a blonde female hero
"Mega Mindy!! ... Lijkt een beetje op" (Mega Mindy is Belgian child super hero series on tv)
- "Jaaa jaaaaa Beertje, ja jaaaaaa. Mama komt. Ja jaaaa" (when Beertje is crying. It is very confronting to hear Kabouter imitate us).
"Beertje weent. Oeioeioeioeioei"
- "Mama nieuwe pyjama aan?" while he points to my nice top that I've been wearing the last 2 days. Great...thanks.
- "Mama en Kabouter zijn naar bloemetjeswinkel geweest. We hebben niets geneemd"
(we went to a garden shop but left empty handed again)
- "ik wil pizza
... op de kleine tafel"
(pizza is to be eaten in front of tv and he knows that)
- After Kabouter didn't finish his plate entirely since he was full, he comes to ask for a cookie, which he doesn't get since he was full. So we explain him that there is no more room in his tummy for a cookie.
After leaving acceptingly and playing for 5 minutes, he returns to us and points solemnly to his armpit, his side and his kidney.
"I still have room here , here and here for a cookie"
- We are getting in the car and right away, Kabouter asks for a cookie. I tell him he will get one when we are on the big road (we have 30 min of local drives and then 1h of driving on the freeway).
When we've left the many turns of the next village we hit a stretch of approx 500m straight length and we hear from the back seat
K: "Dit is lange baan, mama" (this is the long road, mommy)
- G: "Kabouter, kom aan tafel"
K: "Wat eten we?
K: "Ik wil ook frietjes"
G: "Er zijn vandaag geen frietjes"
K: "Dat is wel spijtig"
("it is a pity" as a reply that we are not eating fries)
- "Staat een piano op! " (Kabouter sees a piano on Beertje's outfit since he's got dark blue and white striped sleeves)
- Kabouter is crying
"Mamaaaaa Beertje wil drinken"
- He came home from school and hadn't eaten his waffle cookie in the break, so we asked what was wrong with his cookie.
"Het was gewoon even niet lekker nu"
- "Wat is me dat nu?" (random question these days)
- "Ik heb op mijn tong gebijt" (he bit on his tongue...often conveniently when he doesn't want to eat anymore"
- We are reading books before bedtime. The first page of the book about Muis states "this book belongs too...."
G: "Dit boek is van Kabouter"
K: "Neeee mama, dit boek is van Muis!"
- He pulls some child sunglasses out of a new display in the pharmacy
"Dit is coool"