The yearly cousin's BBQ

It's a tradition: on August 15th, a Belgian holiday, Jan's cousins gather all together for a BBQ. Since Jan and his brother are the youngest of the extended family, our children are also the youngest and almost only young children present.  But for them it's also a good opportunity to bond more together as cousins. 

The family gathering was closeby my parents-in-law so we profited from the opportunity to leave early in the morning and spend some hours first there. The other grand-children had been staying over for a couple of days, so it was pretty busy (well...the teenage girls were just barely awake when it was time to leave ;) ). 




At noon we moved to the family BBQ where almost all of Jan's cousins and partners were present. It was good catching up on a yearly base while the children were goofing around and testing the present toys. 










According to Beertje I had a drawing on my lips...they are not used to see me with a minimum of make-up but I thought I was looking well and that deserved a selfie.


Comments

Popular Posts