Miscellanious bullets


  • I have the impression I'm blogging a little less than before because I spend part of my evenings the communication for the fantastic 6th edition of #duwmee (www.duwmee.be) (www.facebook.com/duwmee)  and I'm also really busy at work so I don't succeed to make a quick post during lunch as I might have done in the past. And Jan's been travelling a lot again lately and that has an impact on my free time in the evenings.  But it feels ok...If I don't have time or energy to post anymore, I don't.

    And this time I just type some quick random bullets
  • #duwmee is going to break all records again and I'm getting so excited about it.
  • I'm enjoying the Christmas lights in our living room so much. It's silly and trivial but it's nice to watch.
  • We have a Christmas party and teambuilding on Friday at work. As usual, the entire organisation is acting all hyper and excited beforehand while I look up against it even though I've had a lot of fun each of the previous years. But yet it's a yearly recurring fact that I'm walking tired in this period of the year and then the whole trip on the bus and the late evening doesn't seem enticing beforehand.
  • I'm looking forward to returning to the Ardennes this weekend as it seems to have been ages ago since we were there.
  • I'm shocked by the news of the student initiation where there was a mortal victim. I've never understood the need of such rituals that always seem to involve humiliation and drinking. What's the point?? I didn't get "baptised" as a student and I still don't regret that. I don't think I've missed anything.
  • There's some old worries and stress reasons that popped up again. I try to push them away but that is not possible. You can't run from reality right?
  • As last family member I went to the yearly dentist check-up.  While I usually brag with my perfect set of teeth (except for that little accident), I was shocked to learn that I have a cavity in my upper left wisdom teeth.  Damn. I hadn't noticed. Those teeth tend to be a bit sensitive but I have no real pain (so far).

    Fine...a cavity so I supposed I'd get an appointment to get it filled. To my bigger shock the dentist announced that she'd not fill it. When it becomes painfull she'll pull out the wisdom tooth. Daaaamn that freaks me out.  I've never had any issue at all in growing them but I've heard so many stories about the pain and suffering from adults that got their wisdom teeth removed. The dentist looked at me as if I gave her complete new information. According to her only bottom teeth hurt. Really? I don't trust her. Damn.
  • While typing this, I figure this post is going to look so ugly without picture. Oh well.
  • I caught myself being irritated at work because there was no cut fruit ready in the kitchen...just some oranges, apples and bananas on the counter.  We're spoilt brats.
  • While I've been busy reading books and watching Netflix series end of October and most of November (travelling helps), that sort of stopped as well. Hopefully I can pick that up and finish a bit off during the upcoming Christmas vacations.
  • I seem to crave less for unhealty comford food than other periods.  (which seems a bit contradicting if I am a bit tired lately). 

Comments

Irene said…
Haha ik zou de tandarts ook niet vertrouwen. Ik heb mijn wijsheidstanden ook nog maar ik vrees elk tandartsbezoek omdat ik bang ben dat ik dan ineens te horen ga krijgen dat ze er uit moeten.
ElsS said…
student initiations, not my kind of thing either; do glad we didn't have that at our faculty while I was studying.
Leen said…
Ik hoor ook enkel horrorverhalen over het trekken van wijsheidstanden! Al denk ik dat die meer slaan op ontstekingen achteraf; het is een groot gat dat ze achterlaten immers. Maar bon. Ik heb één wijsheidstand en bij elk tandartsbezoek vrees ik dat ze gaan zeggen dat hij weg moet! Brrr.

Popular Posts