New Year's night - our first minutes of 2019



New Year is something weird. It's such a random artificial thing but an entire world decides to start over at one point together. It's just one second that comes by like all the other ones and yet it's special.  We need to kiss, we need to shoot fireworks, we wish.

I don't have a prediction of what 2019 will bring but I fear it will be some tough emotional decisions. For the first time I am really not looking forward to the new year...and yet when looking at the fireworks going up in the air, the collective hope is contagious. The smiles on the dancing little ones that "were allowed to stay awake for an adult party" were so sweet. So I hope...I hope it will all work out.











Comments

Anne said…
Dat klinkt eigenlijk niet zo fijn.
Ik wens je veel sterkte toe voor de moeilijke beslissingen.
Shirley said…
Ik hoop dat het goed voor je uitpakt en dat het ondanks moeilijke beslissingen een mooi jaar zal worden.
Evi said…
Oei, dat klinkt niet zo goed. Hopelijk brengt het nieuwe jaar jullie toch ook heel veel mooie momenten.
Els said…
I wish you all a bunch of good fortune and the strength to make difficult decisions. x

Popular Posts