Count your blessings - May 2019
- Roadworks that finish after 2 months instead of the planned 4 months. And so I could drive to my work again through the forest instead of doing the extra 15 min detour.
- A month with many holidays
- After a really exhausted difficult week, managing to sleep well for over a week and feeling energy and concentration return
- Heating when May turns to be autumn instead of spring.
- Buying and planting new flowers and plants
- Some good rain showers (while I'm working in the office, in full knowledge that nature needs it)
- The return of the cows in the field outside behind us in the East of Belgium
- A brisk walk in between showers all alone through the fields with lots of birds whistling
- Dreaming about vacations
- Observe the children during swimming class and see them shine, giggle, splash, move and have fun
- Reunions with friends I haven't seen in decades
- Friends that come over for a coffee or a dinner and have good conversations
- Reruns of "Wat als" on tv. ...very funny
- Getting my car back after driving with a tiny replacement car for a couple of days
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link