Count your blessings - July 2019
- Taking the time 2 weekends to read for a couple of hours non-stop and finish a book for the first time in many months
- Finishing the first season of The Bridge on Netflix and starting the last (new) season of Designated Survivor and finishing it within 2 weeks....just in time when the 3rd season of Casa del Papel got released. (hurray for summers where there is truly nothing worth watching on tv, I suppose).
- Beertje's habit to crawl into bed with me each morning and snuggle up and snooze in my arms
- The feeling of crawling in bed early when being tired and allowing yourself to sink away
- No traffic jams when you anticipated lots of them
- Less meetings in the office
- My made in Belgium playlist : 26 hours of blessing
- A colleague returning from a Canada road trip with partially same itinerary and spending some lunches reviewing each other's pictures and telling stories
- Discovering at 400m of your house an urban pop-up campground where it's nice to hang around and chill around with friends that we don't see enough. So nice we immediately planned to repeat it again one week after.
- Airco in the office and a team that tries to never use it...but we can turn in on on those few crazy days when we really need it.
- Small airco units and ventilators at home to survive the heat wave
- Brainstorming at work about new offices with lounge / play corners and zen rooms
- Hugs and shoulders to cry on
- Being gratefull for the mark that someone left in your life
- Rain....so much rain for the dried out earth! And a cold july weekend in the middle of summer after the craziest heat wave. Never been so excited in my life about temperatures dropping below 20C in a weekend in July.
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link