Count your blessings - March 2020
- Waking up and realising it was one of the rare nights this year that you slept through the night without interruptions from the children, sinusses or worries
- The return of daylight during the return commute in the evening
- Friends that take you to a dance party with music of "our age" on a weekend that Jan was away and dance a couple of hours again like the good old days
- Shampoo bar friend
- A swan that decided to take a field along my daily commute as its home
- Jan who made it home in time and as planned in the midst of the Corona crisis outbreak
- Digital communication and internet to stay in touch with people when we can't meet anymore
- Spring weather that ended many many weeks of storms and rainy weather...just in time when we were confined at home
- More quality time with the family
- Free online webinars en child classes and musea tours, ...
- Rediscovering the art of puzzling and seeing how Kabouter gets infected by the puzzling bug.
- 100 tulips bought on the last market so house is full of flowers (and finding out to my relief about 2 nearby flowershops that offer delivery service during lockdown)
- Deliveroo and Uber eat services that continue to operate so we can continue ordering in now and then (and pretend all is normal or get a meal we normally don't cook, while we support local restaurants to continue to some degree).
- Full stores...we've learned not to take them for granted
- No more sore sinusses thanks to the quarantaine
- Puzzling with Kabouter
- Teddybears and white sheets in all windows
- Emtpy agenda's in the weekends...forced unwinding.
This is a monthly list of simple things in my life that make me happy or that make me smile.
As the world often seems full of negativity and disaster, I want to pay attention to these small things that make me happy in my daily life and be grateful for them. You can find all of them via this link